IN DARKEST WARRENS - ULTIMATE EDITIONDodał: Michał 'Exar' Kozarzewski
Na podstawie 1 recenzji
Średnia z 1 głosów
Mają w kolekcji: 0
Dodaj do swojej listy:
Linia wydawnicza: In Darkest Warrens
Autor: Scott Malthouse
Ilustracje: J.M. Woiak, Jack Badashski, Heather Shinn of the Stinkygoblin, Dyson Logos
Wydawca oryginału: Trollish Delver Games
Data wydania oryginału: 29 marca 2020
Miejsce wydania oryginału: USA
Liczba stron: 5
Cena: co łaska
IN DARKEST WARRENS - ULTIMATE EDITION is a minimalist fantasy roleplaying game whose basic rules cover two pages, including a bestiary and introductory adventure. All you need is some six-sided dice, paper, pencils and, of course, a bunch of buddies to play with.
The Ultimate Edition includes even more bang for your buck, with a Referee Guide, collating rules from two supplements, and Darkholme, a town setting - perfect for starting your campaign. Here's what else you get in this slim package:
- All the rules you need, including character advancement for campaign play
- Five classes: warrior, rogue, barbarian, mage and ranger
- Six optional races: Human, elf, dwarf, halfling, half-orc, and dragonkin
- A bestiary containing 23 fiendish monsters to throw at your players
- Super easy resolution system - all you need is a single d6
- An introductory adventure: The Cow of Boburn
- Rules for travelling, traps and adventuring
- A one-page setting - Darkholme, filled with hooks to get you playing
- Cleaned up and modified rules
- Fantastic art from Stinky Goblin
Print the rules right out and use them for reference at the table. Perfect for a pick-up and play game.
What's In Darkest Warrens all about?
- Rulings, not rules: IDW doesn't give you every rule you need (it's only 4 pages, after all) so players and referees are expected to be interpretive and creative when it comes to rules that aren't covered.
- Player creativity over character stats: There are no lists of skills and feats in the game. Players will rely on their ingenuity and lateral thinking to overcome challenges. Referees will reward cleverness and creativity.
- Easily compatable with old school material: IDW rules are hyperlite, making it easy to run your favourite adventures with minimal fuss.
- Simple to run: You can read over the rules and hit the table in a short space of time. The rules are easy to remember, too.
Updates from the original edition
If you're a fan of the original game, here are some of the changes made to the basic rules:
- Creatures in the bestiary no longer have to use an action to use their abilities - most have innate special rules now
- Mages and Barbarians can now only wear hide armour, but Barbarians have increased in wounds
- Advanced combat has been cleaned up to get rid of a couple of troublesome rules
- Gain 2 wounds when levelling rather than 1. Also some xp reward levels have changed
- Death rules have changed to increase game tension